If you are interested in finding out about our next training classes, fill in this form. (You will not be added to a spam list) or look at the list of all our training courses.
Teen Survey November 2019
An online survey of 100 teenagers aged 13-17 has discovered interesting details around their digital habits and hints at a radically different future for Irish media and Irish retailers.
- Snapchat is the dominant messaging app – 88% use it daily
- 11 is the average age a teen gets a phone with some as young as 8
- 37% of the teens have their own card for online payments
- YouTube is the app for media consumption, followed by Spotify and Netflix
- Snapchat was a greater source of news than radio or print
- The Chinese creativity app TikTok is used by 60% of teens
Full survey details:
What apps do you use for daily messaging
FB Messenger 12%
How do you pay for things online?
37% my own card
50% Paypal or card of family member
12% my own Paypal
8% Apple Pay or Google Pay
20% don’t buy online
What apps do you use daily?
Where do you get your news?
10% Newspaper websites
Do you use TikTok?
9% a few times a day
Where do you buy online
21% don’t buy online
48% buy from Amazon
13% buy from Asos
9% Ali Express
4% Pretty Little Thing
1% Brand websites like Nike, Adidas etc
Boohoo, Donedeal, Littlewoods less than 1%
7% few times a day
1% no email
The below survey is very very old at this stage but I’ll leave it there to give a bit of history.
2010 Mulley Communications Digital Teen Survey
Download PDF of survey results.
This survey was carried out in the month of November 2010 and was distributed by teenagers to other teenagers. The questions in the survey were also created as a result of feedback from teenagers themselves. 101 teenagers aged from 13 to 19 took part in the survey.
- 14% have a part-time job
- 28% spend their money on socialising, 27% on phone credit
- Gig tickets and music is what teens buy most online
- Most teens use their parents credit card or laser to buy online
- Phone is the most treasured item of teens
- Teens are not downloading all their music for free
- Most music recommendations come via friends
- Nearly half of teens use the online TV players from media organisations with 40% streaming TV and over ⅓ watching via playback services
- 44% of teens are on Meteor
- Nokia are the most popular phones, the iPhone is the most desired
- 74% access the Internet on their mobiles per month
- Communicating with friends: 56% via text message, 38% via Facebook, Phone call 28%, Email 27%