If you want to start being serious about digital in 2014 and it’s a good idea to be so, then you need to up your game. Digital is going to get harder and harder in 2014, the easy days are gone, so you need to be more efficient and strategic about what you do.
So here’s a checklist on what you ought to be aware of. Pick one area to concentrate on or all. This is not a definitive list. (That gets me out of getting into trouble)
Are you mobile first in all things digital?
- Is your website mobile first?
- Make your website responsive by re-designing it or adding some responsive plugins to it.
- If you can’t make it responsive, then have elements that allow the site to perform while being viewed on a mobile e.g. your number in text on the front page, same with email. No crappy contact forms.
- Do you have a content and search optimisation plan?
- Do you have Google Analytics or something better installed?
- Learn about Edgerank.
- Forget Page likes, the most important thing is your reach. How many people actually see any update of yours? It is less and sometimes WAY less than the number of likes.
- What is your post engagement rate? How many people click on your post or Like it or share it or comment on it? The more people that engage with your updates, the more signals Facebook gets to keep sending your updates to your fans on the Page. Engagements are very low? Your reach is going to go down and down over time.
- Are you updates short to be seen on mobiles?
- Are you images using up as much of the timeline as possible?
- What is your content plan?
- Are you timing updates?
Simply put: Good content = good reactions = over time you retain or grow the reach of your page. Good content timed = reaching the best possible numbers each time.
- Who are the people you are following?
- Who are the people that follow you?
- How many RTs would you get on a Tweet that’s business related?
- How many new follows do you get a week?
- Are your images the right size to be displayed nicely in the timeline?
- Do you have a growth plan for Twitter?
- Do you have a content plan for Twitter?
- Are you timing updates?
- How many clicks on average do you Tweets get? Are they going to your website?
Instagram, Vine, Snapchat
- Are your audiences on Instagram? Find out.
- Should you be using Vine? Will quick 6 second videos get you customers? They could.
- Are many of your demographic under 20? Yes? So why are you not on Snapchat?
And you’ll never guess who does this stuff for companies? Yeah.
Contact us if you want a full evaluation or an evaluation of on one of your channels.