It’s not just certificates in answering the phone, putting the seat up in the toilet (for men), typing and proper use of the telex that employers are looking for these days. Oh no. One needs to know social media in order to do business and a business that wants to do business with a business that wants to do business in a business-like way, needs to do their business in a social and a media way now too. So they need social media.
Years ago it was suggested that bloggers get a badge and accreditation in order to be allowed to blog and as an extension of this we should consider a “driving licence” style regime for social media. Twitter, Facebook and Friendster can be dangerous things in the wrong hands. Would you let your dog drive your car without doing their driving test? NO.
Here at MulleyCorp we’d like to share the top ten secrets to win at social media and if you can say yes to the following list then we think you too can start on the socialpath to social media greatness. We encourage you to download this certificate in social media and fax it to all your clients to show them how you mean business in a social media way.
The Top Ten to earn your social media certificate:
- 1. Do you have a Twitter, Facebook and a LinkedIn?
- b. Do you know how to use hashtags? #hashtags
- 4. Do you subscribe to Chris Brogan, Gary difficultnamewineguy and Seth Godin?
- 5. Do you follow the formula on how to appear genuine like Chris suggests? (minute 3.40 onwards)
- 6. Do you know how to contact a blogger to get them to remove negative stuff about your brand?
- 7. Do you know how to quote from the most overquoted social media casestudies ever?
- 8. Do you know how to write a blog for your C.E.O.?
- 9. Are you listening? Do you use monitoring tools to find social media badvocates?
- 10. Do you message Stephen Fry on a regular basis on Twitter and inform people of your chat?
Congratulations. You’ve graduated. You may now download your social media certificate.
Remember though, this is just the certificate. The degree course and PhD are on their way. We’d appreciate some links, Tweets and whatnot. We are very very sorry thought that it takes natural talent and neck to be a guru. Some things even we can teach.