Found this via Kerry. HP did a clever campaign giving away 31 pieces of kit and the reaction was fantastic. Here are their slides talking about the campaign:
Some blurbs from the slides:
- “We could not have bought the results achieved with traditional media”
- “We really know them at a personal level – we consider each other friends, not just cards in a rolodex”
- “We spent over a year demonstrating that we were willing to do the right things for, with and by them and therefore earned their trust”
- “They helped design the rules and manage and organise each other – this was more of a partnership than a program”
- “By allowing the bloggers to design their own contest and then giving them a unit to give away, we removed a lot of the legal and internal approvals required for such a campaign”
Food for thought folks!